Gartner, the most recognised information technology research firm, recently released the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Suites 2013 Benchmark Report, which examines the products of 29 suppliers of electronic purchasing solutions in great detail.
In this functional benchmark, the Vortal platform takes first place in the overall ranking and in 7 of the 26 indicators, namely: Basic eSourcing, Public Sector Sourcing, Engineered Product Sourcing, Construction Sourcing, Contract Management Analytics and Supplier Directory.
This excellent result puts Vortal ahead of the remaining 29 competitors, having for the first time out-paced the solutions of other leading companies such as SAP, Ariba, IBM and Bravo.
Moreover, these numerical data and rankings support another Gartner report, Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Application Suites, which places Vortal in the Visionaries Group. Gartner’s evaluation of Vortal in the report includes the following mentions:
- In the Top 5 in e-sourcing and technology platform
- In the Top 3 for public sector sourcing, engineered product sourcing, supplier directory
- Complete S2S suite
- Strong construction sourcing functionality, including support from proposal creation through award implementation
- e-Sourcing: strong support
- Technology Platform: exceptional
- Ease of Use: good
- Business Services: many